Thursday 30 June 2022

Malla Sahitya || june || Jayeeta Bhattacharya

|| Malla Sahitya ||  Jayeeta Bhattacharya


Soliloquy of dawn 

I can smell the scent of daybreak
As I come down with my torn bag of fruits,
Near the little river, cold
I can hear the soliloquy of the
Wild junipers, pampered...
The poesies of meadows,
They sing with the air
Such a serene dawn comes 
Often in my dreams
I stare at my blonde hair 
I fall in love with my smile
So happy is the girl 
I can hear her chiming with 
The church bell even 
The girl within my soul
Like a caged bird cries awake
As I look outside
The roads are thorny, untrodden
Dusty faces everywhere 
I feel scared 
As I look at the mirror, 
I close my eyes
An old women with remorse 
Knitted on my face
The dark under those eyes
As sea ,
The knot of my hair hiding 
Death
I sleep, and dive deep inside my dream
Into the night 
To dream a dawn
 that is too late to come...


 Dusk

As the sun goes down
I feel the eternal
The meadows call
The black waters
The old trees in 
solitude
Call me in their fest.
I can now hear the
Murmurings of crowd...
Those who are gone
Those who loved me
They whisper the pain
In my ear, their untold
Stories...
Whispers become louder
So many souls departed
So much to say
I become mesmerized 
I feel their call
The procession of those
No more yet present
In the ether...
The night sky
The stars...
I come back to my old
Nest...empty.
Solitude laughs at me
A cruel smile...

Life near death
Prevails everywhere 


No comments:

Post a Comment