Thursday 30 June 2022

Malla Sahitya || june || Braja K Sorkar

|| Malla Sahitya ||  Braja K Sorkar



Before a Mirror


Emerging out of a lone mirror
An obscure face looks at me.
It’s not known to me.
I don’t recognize the shadow.
Only the mirror knows
The secret of being,
Its consequences.
Someone call me a fool,
Someone takes me
For one insane.
Others keep silent.
The mirror stands alone,
And indifferent.
Who am I? The question
Remains unanswered.
Strange hands of time
Hurl me into a whirlwind.
Wilderness grows up…
Candles of sleepless nights
In my eyes.
Still I keep the doors of my heart
Open all night.
A whisper continues.
And the mirror sleeps
In the dark incessant
Shower of rains.
An unusual dream wakes me up
Like a shadow,
Like an unknown God
I never believed in…


Need of the Hour


I need nothing
but a tender hunger!
A strange feeling of unknown rhythm
That flows within my blood
All along…

Abram Maslow spoke of
Hierarchy of needs .
Never do I understand it.
It means nothing except
A Melancholy song,
vibrating all day long
within my heart deep.
It hurts me to sing
A song of needs I never long for…

Tonight
I draw a body without heart
I draw a bird without wings
With no colors and brushes.
Irrespective of basic needs
a man is found
Tenderly drawn into the blue…



No comments:

Post a Comment