Thursday 30 June 2022

Malla Sahitya || june || Alok Bandyopadhyay

|| Malla Sahitya ||  Alok Bandyopadhyay




A desire unfulfilled 

Whenever I look at you, I remember those memorable moments, those intimate moments, when I lost myself within you.
Time flies. Scenario changes. Now even if we are together the distance is felt.
Yet I know, it is statutory social distancing, mentally we are still very  close.
Now when I frantically long for a tactile shelter, the void deepens.
I become very thirsty, I need water to moist my dry throat.
Let me reach that valley where these taboos and totems do not exist.



The Glass Window 

The window panes broke down under the strong gust of wind.
The hurricane that spelt disaster for this universe appeared  so suddenly that it took us by utter surprise.
It not only changed the familiar world, but it ushered  topsy-turvy dom.
We found the fragmented pieces of our cherished possessions lying scattered on the floor.
We tried to build up a kaleidoscope out of those broken pieces of our faith, belief and love but failed.
No captivating design emerged, only a blurred image gradually enveloped the entire canvas.


1 comment:

  1. Excellent . Expressive. Captivating.

    ReplyDelete